Texas Tech vs. Iowa State: Full Game Preview
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 12.3||J Crockett 7.0||J Gray 3.3|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.8||M Ejim 9.5||K Lucious 5.8|
Iowa State plays host to Texas Tech at James H. Hilton Coliseum on Saturday. The game tips off at 1:45 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Big 12 Network. The Cyclones fell to the Red Raiders 56-51 on Jan. 23 and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
Iowa State is currently in fourth place in the Big 12 and Texas Tech is in ninth.
In their last outing, behind 22 points from Tyrus McGee, the Cyclones defeated Baylor 87-82 on Feb. 20. On top of a team-high 1.3 steals per game, he also scores 13.2 points per game. For the Red Raiders, Josh Gray finished with 26 points and 5 assists in the 86-71 loss to Oklahoma on Feb. 20. With 3.3 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Digging into season numbers, Iowa State has the advantage in two key categories. The Cyclones have the upper hand over the Red Raiders in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, Iowa State has the advantage over Texas Tech in scoring, 79 points per game to 66 points per game.
Texas Tech StatSmack
- Iowa State has a potent offense, scoring more points (79.3 per game vs. 66.2 per game) than Texas Tech this season.
- Iowa State is better at defending the three (30.8 percent allowed vs. 38.1 percent allowed) than Texas Tech this season.
- Iowa State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Texas Tech this season (four vs. zero).
- Iowa State is ranked higher than Texas Tech in the Big 12 (No. 4 vs. No. 9).
- Iowa State players are more experienced than Texas Tech players (15,020 minutes played vs. 8,505 minutes played).
- It's only wins and losses, but Iowa State has a better overall record than Texas Tech this season (18-8 vs. 9-15).
- Iowa State has a stronger schedule than Texas Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 76 vs. No. 105).
- The Iowa State assist leader (Korie Lucious, 150 assists) has more assists than the Texas Tech assist leader (Josh Gray, 78 assists).
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 225 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Texas Tech.
- Iowa State has a better conference record than Texas Tech this season (8-5 vs. 2-11).
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||21||5||2||2||0||0||1|