NC State vs. North Carolina: Full Game Preview
|NC State||C Leslie 15.4||R Howell 11.1||L Brown 7.0|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.7||J Michael McAdoo 8.3||M Paige 4.4|
North Carolina plays host to NC State at Dean E. Smith Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Tar Heels lost to the Wolfpack 91-83 on Jan. 26 and are 9-1 against them over the last four years.
North Carolina is tied with NC State for the third spot in the conference.
In a 70-58 win over Georgia Tech on Feb. 19, James Michael McAdoo put up 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Tar Heels. A stat-sheet stuffer, he leads the team with 14.7 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Wolfpack, T.J. Warren finished with 31 points and 13 rebounds in the 84-66 blowout of Florida State on Feb. 19. He is averaging 12.1 points and 4 rebounds per game. Areas of strength for NC State include: effective field goal percentage at 54.1 percent and free throw rate at 41.1 percent.
NC State StatSmack
- North Carolina has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than NC State (two vs. zero).
- That must sting. North Carolina has blown out NC State by 20 points or more on six occasions since 1997.
- North Carolina has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (32 percent vs. 55 percent).
- Since 1998, North Carolina has recruited more Top 10 high school players than NC State (15 vs. two).
- Diaper Dandies love North Carolina. North Carolina has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than NC State (64 vs. 15).
- North Carolina has a stronger schedule than NC State this season (SOS Rank: No. 14 vs. No. 21).
- Marcus Paige is ranked 4th in the ACC in assists.
- North Carolina has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than NC State (No. 1 vs. No. 15).
- Since 1998, North Carolina has recruited more Top 50 high school players than NC State (37 vs. 15).
- North Carolina has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than NC State (three vs. zero).
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|