Miami vs. Wake Forest: Full Game Preview
|Miami||D Scott 13.3||R Johnson 7.9||S Larkin 4.3|
|Wake Forest||C Harris 15.1||D Thomas 7.8||C Miller-McIntyre 2.6|
No. 2 Miami (FL) travels to Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Saturday to take on Wake Forest. Tipoff is at 1 p.m. EST and you can see it on RSN, CSN-BAL+ or ESPN3. The Hurricanes are 5-1 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. The last time they met (Feb. 18, 2012) they won 74-56.
Wake Forest is in ninth place in the conference and Miami (FL) is in first place.
The 11 points and 6 assists by Shane Larkin helped the Hurricanes to a 54-50 victory over Virginia on Feb. 19. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 4.3 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game. The Demon Deacons were defeated by Georgia Tech 57-56 on Feb. 16 despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from Travis McKie. He is averaging 14.2 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.4 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Wake Forest is strong in free throw rate at 43.8 percent. This is good enough for first in the conference and 20th in the nation.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- Miami has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (64.2 percent to 50.7 percent).
- Miami has a better record at home than Wake Forest this season (12-0 vs. 9-4).
- Miami has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wake Forest in six wins since 1990.
- Shane Larkin is ranked 10th in the ACC in three-pointers, 3rd in the ACC in assists, and 1st in the ACC in steals.
- Miami has a better conference record than Wake Forest this season (13-0 vs. 4-9).
- Miami does a better job contesting shots (37.9 percent allowed vs. 45.2 percent allowed) than Wake Forest this season.
- Miami is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Miami is 79.2 inches compared to 77.1 inches for Wake Forest.
- Miami is ranked higher than Wake Forest in the ACC (No. 1 vs. No. 9).
- That must sting. Miami has blown out Wake Forest by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2008.
- Miami players are more experienced than Wake Forest players (17,589 minutes played vs. 10,835 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Miami currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 939) than Wake Forest, per the NCAA.
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||6||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||11||2||2||1||1||1||1|