|SC State||M Hezekiah 13.0||M Hezekiah 7.5||K Toombs 5.6|
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 17.6||A Coleman 6.8||K Dukes 3.4|
On Saturday, Bethune-Cookman hosts South Carolina State at Moore Gym. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST. The Wildcats beat the Bulldogs 60-52 on Jan. 19 and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
Bethune-Cookman is in eigth place in the conference, South Carolina State is in 13th place.
In their last outing, behind 16 points and 7 rebounds from Paul Scotland, the Wildcats defeated Howard 64-50 on Feb. 18. While contributing 2.2 assists per game, he also scores 8.1 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Khalif Toombs finished with 11 points and 6 assists in the 71-52 loss to North Carolina Central on Feb. 18. He leads the team in assists with 5.6 per game and steals with 1.5 per game.
South Carolina State StatSmack
- The Bethune-Cookman blocks leader (Alex Smith, 52 blocks) has more blocks than the South Carolina State blocks leader (Darryl Palmer, 39 blocks).
- The Bethune-Cookman basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than South Carolina State (75 percent vs. 44 percent).
- Bethune-Cookman has a better record at home than South Carolina State this season (7-4 vs. 4-8).
- Bethune-Cookman has a better conference record than South Carolina State this season (5-6 vs. 1-10).
- A for effort, but Bethune-Cookman has emerged victorious against South Carolina State the last seven times they've played.
- Bethune-Cookman has come back to win after being down at half against South Carolina State three times since 2006.
- The Bethune-Cookman three-point leader (Kevin Dukes, 62 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the South Carolina State three-point leader (Khalif Toombs, 34 three-pointers).
- Bethune-Cookman has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (51.2 percent to 36.7 percent).
- Alex Smith is ranked 10th in the MEAC in rebounds and 5th in the MEAC in blocks.
- Bethune-Cookman has more wins over the last 5 years than South Carolina State (93 vs. 68).
- Even computers respect Bethune-Cookman more. Bethune-Cookman has a better RPI this season than South Carolina State (RPI: No. 294 vs. No. 341).