Clemson vs. Maryland: Full Game Preview
|Clemson||D Booker 12.4||D Booker 7.8||R Hall 3.4|
|Maryland||A Len 12.3||A Len 8.0||P Howard 4.0|
Clemson visits Comcast Center on Saturday to take on Maryland. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN 2. The Tigers are 2-3 against the Terrapins over the last four years. They fell 64-62 on Feb. 7, 2012, the last time they met.
Clemson is in eigth place in the conference and trying to catch sixth place Maryland.
In spite of 19 points from Jordan Roper, the Tigers came up short 45-43 against Miami (FL) on Feb. 17. He is putting up 7.6 points per game while also averaging 1.2 rebounds per game. The Terrapins were defeated by Boston College 69-58 on Feb. 19 despite 26 points from Logan Aronhalt. He is averaging 6.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Maryland appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Terrapins have an advantage over the Tigers in rebounding, with an average of 41 per game to 34 per game. Maryland also has an advantage in scoring, 71 points per game to 61 points per game.
However, the Tigers turn it over less, 11 per game to 15 per game. Maryland ranks first in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.3 percent, which also places them 13th in the country.
- Devin Booker is ranked 8th in the ACC in rebounds and 9th in the ACC in blocks.
- Clemson has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Maryland this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 87 vs. No. 102).
- The Clemson basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Maryland (71 percent vs. 31 percent).
- K.J. McDaniels is ranked 3rd in the ACC in blocks.
- Rod Hall is ranked 9th in the ACC in assists.
- Clemson has an average margin of victory of 9 over Maryland in 24 wins since 1980.
- The Clemson steals leader (K.J. McDaniels, 31 steals) has more steals than the Maryland steals leader (Seth Allen, 24 steals).