|Seton Hall||F Edwin 17.1||G Teague 7.3||T Maayan 3.4|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.4||G Dieng 10.3||P Siva 6.1|
No. 10 Louisville plays host to Seton Hall at KFC Yum! Center on Saturday. The game tips off at 12 a.m. EST and you can catch it on SNY, MASN, BEN, WHAS. The Cardinals defeated the Pirates 73-58 on Jan. 9 and are 5-1 against them over the past four years.
Louisville is fourth in the conference and Seton Hall is 14th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last matchup on Feb. 17, Russ Smith put up 15 points and 6 rebounds as the Cardinals ran it up on South Florida 59-41. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 18.4 points per contest. For the Pirates, Fuquan Edwin put up 14 points in the 67-46 loss to Marquette on Feb. 19. With 17.1 points per game and 2.6 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Louisville has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Cardinals have an edge over the Pirates, 74 points per game to 66 points per game.
Seton Hall StatSmack
- Louisville attacks the glass, with more rebounds (38.3 per game vs. 34.6 per game) than Seton Hall this season.
- Louisville has a better record at home than Seton Hall this season (12-1 vs. 9-6).
- Boom! Louisville humiliated Seton Hall by 15 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- Louisville has a stronger schedule than Seton Hall this season (SOS Rank: No. 6 vs. No. 60).
- Over the past 10 years, Louisville has had more players drafted by the NBA than Seton Hall (four vs. zero).
- Even computers respect Louisville more. Louisville has a better RPI this season than Seton Hall (RPI: No. 6 vs. No. 122).
- Chane Behanan is ranked 7th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng, 51 blocks) has more blocks than the Seton Hall blocks leader (Brandon Mobley, 21 blocks).
- Louisville has an average margin of victory of 13 over Seton Hall in eight wins since 2002.
- Louisville is ranked higher than Seton Hall in the Big East (No. 4 vs. No. 14).
- Louisville has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (74.3 percent to 53.2 percent).
|C||S. Van Treese||12||2||3||0||0||0||0|