|Iona||L Jones 23.0||D Laury 10.4||L Jones 3.6|
|Indiana State||J Odum 14.3||M Arop 5.3||J Odum 4.7|
Iona visits Hulman Center on Saturday to take on Indiana State. It takes place at 11 a.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U.
In their last matchup on Feb. 18, Lamont Jones put up 29 points for the Gaels in a loss to Fairfield, 66-64. With 23 points per game and 3.6 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Sycamores were defeated by Wichita State 66-62 on Feb. 19 despite 17 points and 9 rebounds from Manny Arop. He is averaging 12.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.3 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Indiana State performs well in free throw rate at 43.2 percent. This ranks first in the conference and 27th in the country.
Indiana State StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love Iona. Iona has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Indiana State (2 vs. 0).
- The Iona rebounding leader (David Laury, 187 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Indiana State rebounding leader (Manny Arop, 137 rebounds).
- The Iona three-point leader (Sean Armand, 94 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Indiana State three-point leader (Lucas Eitel, 34 three-pointers).
- Indiana State has been ducking Iona for over 30 years.
- Iona has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (55.4 percent to 42.2 percent).
- Sean Armand is ranked 5th nationally in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Iona currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 929) than Indiana State, per the NCAA.
- The MAAC has 2 teams - Loyola (MD) (4.7) and Rider (4.5) - that produce more blocks per game than the Missouri Valley leader, Wichita State (4.4).
- Iona has a potent offense, scoring more points (81.5 per game vs. 67.6 per game) than Indiana State this season.
- Since 1998, Iona has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Indiana State (one vs. zero).
- The top-ranking players between the two conferences for rebounds, free throws made, three-pointers, and blocks are in the MAAC.