On Friday, Feb. 22, Long Beach State lost on their home court to Stephen F. Austin 68-60. Michael Caffey put up a career-high 24 points and three rebounds in the 49ers loss. James Ennis got a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Hal Bateman got 15 points and six assists (5 Reb 4 Stl) for the Lumberjacks. Next up for Long Beach State (17-10, 13-2 Big West) is UC Irvine (15-13, 9-6 Big West) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Long Beach State Game Notes
- The last time LBSU started the season 17-10 was 2010.
- The 49ers have lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after having a field goal percentage of 44.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 19 or more assists this season, Long Beach State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Long Beach State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- This is the 14th game at home this season--LBSU has a 7.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Michael Caffey accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- James Ennis accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Michael Caffey has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- James Ennis has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- James Ennis recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- James Ennis has 27 straight double-digit point games.
- James Ennis recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and seventh of his career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Michael Caffey's career.
- Michael Caffey had career highs with 24 points, 10 field goals made, and four three-pointers.
- Tony Freeland had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- Antonio Bostic accounted for 30.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Smith and Jacob Parker) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Antonio Bostic has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Antonio Bostic's career.
- Antonio Bostic set a career high with eight field goals made.
- Taylor Smith has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Hal Bateman has three straight double-digit point games.
- Hal Bateman set a career high with seven field goals made.