On Friday, Feb. 22, Harvard turned the ball over just six times and won big over Brown 65-47 in Ivy action. With a record of 2-0, the Crimson stay unbeaten against Brown this season. Wesley Saunders played brilliantly for the Crimson and put up a game-high 19 points and nine rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Siyani Chambers also had a solid game, scoring 14 points and adding two rebounds. For the Bears, Rafael Maia finished with nine points and eight rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Crimson. Harvard (16-7, 8-1 Ivy) takes on Yale (11-15, 5-4 Ivy) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Harvard Game Notes
- The win over Brown extended the Harvard winning streak to three games.
- Harvard beat the spread by 12 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Crimson have beaten the spread.
- Harvard has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.2 percent field goal percentage.
- Harvard has won 78 percent of the time this season (14-4) when opponents record 34 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Harvard has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Siyani Chambers has 14 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Christian Webster plays 37 minutes or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Wesley Saunders has three steals or more.
- The Crimson set a season high for steals (12).
- Harvard set season lows for three-pointers (two), three-point percentage (16.7), and turnovers (six).
- The Crimson have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Wesley Saunders and Siyani Chambers) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Wesley Saunders accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Wesley Saunders has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 5 times in 23 games this season.
- Wesley Saunders has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- Wesley Saunders had career highs with nine rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
Brown Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cedric Kuakumensah and Sean McGonagill) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rafael Maia and Cedric Kuakumensah) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Cedric Kuakumensah has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- Rafael Maia has led the team in rebounding seven times in 23 games this season.
- Cedric Kuakumensah has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Cedric Kuakumensah.