On Friday, Feb. 22, Akron took on North Dakota State and won big against the Bison 68-53. Zeke Marshall had an impressive game for the Zips and put up a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds. Demetrius Treadwell played his way to a double-double with 11 points and 14 rebounds. Lawrence Alexander got a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds for the Bison. The Zips are on a five-game win streak. Akron (22-4, 12-0 MAC) gets Ohio (20-6, 11-1 MAC) on the road on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Akron Game Notes
- The win over North Dakota State extended the Akron winning streak to 18 games.
- Akron beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 12th time this season the Zips have beaten the spread.
- Akron has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.2 percent or better.
- The Zips have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- Akron has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Alex Abreu has 10 points or more, 94 percent of the time (16-1) when Demetrius Treadwell has four field goals made or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Zeke Marshall has four free throws made or more.
- The Zips have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Akron has a 17.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- Demetrius Treadwell accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 26 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Demetrius Treadwell had a career high with 10 defensive rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Harney has three straight double-digit point games.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- Lawrence Alexander accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (TrayVonn Wright and Lawrence Alexander) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Lawrence Alexander has led the team in scoring six times in 28 games this season.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Lawrence Alexander has five straight double-digit point games.
- Lawrence Alexander set a career high with eight field goals made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for TrayVonn Wright.