Saint Louis 65
(21-5, 5-3 away)
(15) Butler 61
(22-6, 13-2 home)
Venue: Hinkle Fieldhouse
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 22, 2013
||M McCall Jr 18
||R Loe 6
||J Jett 3
||K Dunham 14
||A Smith 9
||A Smith 3
No. 15 Butler faced off with Saint Louis on Friday, Feb. 22 and got beat at home by the Billikens 65-61 in conference play. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against Saint Louis this season. The Bulldogs got 13 points and six rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast) from Roosevelt Jones. Kellen Dunham had a team-high 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Billikens, Dwayne Evans got 17 points and four rebounds. Butler (22-6, 9-4 A-10) goes to 24th-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (20-6, 8-3 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Butler Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Butler is 42-24 in close games.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Butler has a 12.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- The top two scorers (Kellen Dunham and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Smith and Rotnei Clarke) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kellen Dunham has led the team in scoring in five out of 28 games this season.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 28 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Rotnei Clarke had career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
- Roosevelt Jones had a career high with four blocks.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The Billikens won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Saint Louis is 28-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike McCall Jr and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- Mike McCall Jr has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has nine straight double-digit point games.
|A||Mike McCall Jr||35||18||3||1||1||0||0|