On Friday, Feb. 22, Saint Louis took on No. 15 Butler and got a road victory against the Bulldogs 65-61 in A-10 play. With the win, the Billikens are now 4-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Dwayne Evans had a big game for the Billikens and put up 17 points and four rebounds. Mike McCall Jr had a season-high 18 points and added three rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Roosevelt Jones finished with 13 points and six rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Saint Louis (21-5, 10-2 A-10) welcomes St. Joseph's (PA) (14-10, 5-6 A-10) on Wednesday, Feb. 27.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The last time SLU started the season 21-5 was 2011.
- The win over Butler extended the Saint Louis winning streak to nine games.
- SLU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Billikens have beaten the spread.
- The Billikens have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Saint Louis is 28-24 in close games.
- Prior to this game, SLU played 16 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-11.
- The Billikens have won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after recording 24 or more field goals made.
- SLU has won every game this season (16-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season Saint Louis has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Dwayne Evans has 17 points or more and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Mike McCall Jr has five field goals made or more.
- SLU set season lows for three-pointers (three) and turnovers (four).
- This is the second win of the season where the Billikens came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Mike McCall Jr and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- Mike McCall Jr has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has nine straight double-digit point games.
Butler Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Butler is 42-24 in close games.
- Roosevelt Jones recorded a team season high in blocks with four.
- The top two scorers (Kellen Dunham and Roosevelt Jones) accounted for 44.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Andrew Smith and Rotnei Clarke) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kellen Dunham has led the team in scoring five times in 28 games this season.
- Andrew Smith has led the team in rebounding eight times in 28 games this season.
- Rotnei Clarke has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Rotnei Clarke set career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Roosevelt Jones.
- Roosevelt Jones set a career high with four blocks.