|Saint Louis||D Evans 12.0||D Evans 6.8||J Jett 3.5|
|Butler||R Clarke 17.0||R Jones 5.8||R Jones 3.4|
No. 15 Butler welcomes Saint Louis to Hinkle Fieldhouse on Friday. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Bulldogs fell to the Billikens 75-58 on Jan. 31.
Saint Louis and Butler are close together in the conference, holding down the first and second spots, respectively.
In a 68-49 dismantling of Duquesne on Feb. 19, Rotnei Clarke put up 16 points for the Bulldogs. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 17 points per contest. For the Billikens, Dwayne Evans put up 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 76-62 win over Virginia Commonwealth on Feb. 19. With 12 points per game and 6.8 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Areas of strength for Saint Louis include: turnover percentage at 17.2 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.1 percent.
Saint Louis StatSmack
- Butler has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (six vs. one).
- Even computers respect Butler more. Butler has a better RPI this season than Saint Louis (RPI: No. 21 vs. No. 40).
- Butler has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Saint Louis (two vs. zero).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Butler is superior to Saint Louis (Latest AP Poll: No. 15 vs. Not Ranked).
- Butler has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Saint Louis ($41,438 vs. $43,551).
- Rotnei Clarke is ranked 5th in the A-10 in points and 8th nationally in three-pointers.
- Butler has more wins over the last 5 years than Saint Louis (161 vs. 115).
- AP voters think more highly of Butler and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Saint Louis (79 vs. one).
- The Butler basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Louis (83 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Butler has had more players drafted by the NBA than Saint Louis (two vs. zero).
- The Butler scoring leader (Rotnei Clarke, 411 points) has more points than the Saint Louis scoring leader (Dwayne Evans, 294 points).
|B||Mike McCall Jr||30||10||3||3||1||0||2|