On Thursday, Feb. 21, Saint Mary's took on Brigham Young and topped the Cougars 64-57 in West Coast play. With the win, the Gaels stay undefeated against Brigham Young this season at 2-0. The Gaels got the win with a team-high 20 points and four rebounds from Matthew Dellavedova. Beau Levesque also had a solid game, scoring 17 points and adding eight rebounds. Brandon Davies finished with a game-high 25 points and nine rebounds for the Cougars. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Saint Mary's (23-5, 12-2 West Coast) welcomes Creighton (22-6, 11-5 The Valley).
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 23-5 during the 2011, 2009, and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- The Gaels have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording eight or more steals.
- Saint Mary's has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- SMC has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 57 or fewer total points.
- SMC has won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Saint Mary's has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Matthew Dellavedova has 20 points or more, 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Beau Levesque plays 30 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Brad Waldow has six rebounds or more.
- SMC set a season low for field goal percentage (36.0).
- The Gaels have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Gaels came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--SMC has a 18.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matthew Dellavedova accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Beau Levesque and Brad Waldow) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 28 games this season.
- Beau Levesque has led the team in rebounding in four out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Matthew Dellavedova's career.
Brigham Young Game Notes
- Brandon Davies accounted for 43.8 percent of the team's points.
- Brandon Davies accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Davies has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 18 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Brandon Davies's career.
- Brandon Davies has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Haws has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Craig Cusick.