San Francisco 61
(12-15, 6-6 away)
Loyola Marymount 59
(8-19, 5-8 home)
Venue: Gersten Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
||C Dickerson 16
||C Doolin 5
||A Holmes 5
||A Ireland 21
||A Hamilton 9
||C Flint 4
Loyola Marymount was narrowly defeated by San Francisco 61-59 in conference play on an evening when the Dons scored 30 points from behind the arc. While San Francisco took a big 40-25 halftime lead, Loyola Marymount fought back in the second half, only to have their comeback attempt fall short. With the loss, the Lions stay winless against San Francisco this season at 0-2. Anthony Ireland put up a game-high 21 points and six rebounds in the loss. Ashley Hamilton had 11 points and added nine rebounds. For the Dons, Cole Dickerson finished with a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. Next up for Loyola Marymount (8-19, 1-13 West Coast) is Cal Poly (12-12, 8-6 Big West) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The Lions have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-25 in close games.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after having a field goal percentage of 36.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 80 percent of the time (3-12).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--LMU has a 1.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Alex Osborne) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 27 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 27th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has 13 straight double-digit point games.
San Francisco Game Notes
- The Dons won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, San Francisco is 31-32 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Cole Dickerson and Cody Doolin) accounted for 47.5 percent of the points.
- Cole Dickerson has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 21 times in 27 games this season.
- Cody Doolin has six straight double-digit point games.
- Cole Dickerson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Cole Dickerson set a career high with four three-pointers.