Florida Atlantic 57
(12-17, 3-13 away)
North Texas 66
(11-18, 8-8 home)
Venue: UNT Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
||G Gantt 18
||J McCoy 9
||D Sekelja 3
||R Franklin 20
||R Franklin 9
||P Hardwick 3
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Florida Atlantic took on North Texas and was beaten at home by the Mean Green 66-57 in overtime. The Owls stay winless against North Texas this season at 0-2. Greg Gantt put up a team-high 18 points and four rebounds for the Owls. Jordan McCoy scored eight points and added nine rebounds. For the Mean Green, Roger Franklin got a game-high 20 points and nine rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Florida Atlantic (12-17, 7-11 Sun Belt) welcomes Arkansas-Little Rock (15-13, 9-8 Sun Belt).
Florida Atlantic Game Notes
- Florida Atlantic has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Owls have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 6-8.
- The Owls have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Florida Atlantic is 32-31 in close games.
- Florida Atlantic has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Owls have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after having a field goal percentage of 35.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 45 or more rebounds this season, Florida Atlantic has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- FAU set a season low for free throws made (five).
- Greg Gantt accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Greg Gantt has led the team in scoring in 25 out of 29 games this season.
- Jordan McCoy has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 29 games this season.
- Greg Gantt has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jordan McCoy.
North Texas Game Notes
- The Mean Green won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, North Texas is 39-28 in close games.
- Roger Franklin accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Roger Franklin has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding nine times in 29 games this season.
- Alzee Williams has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Williams has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Roger Franklin's career.
- Roger Franklin has five straight double-digit point games.