Quinnipiac squared off with Sacred Heart on Thursday, Feb. 21 and got a road victory against the Pioneers 81-74 in NEC play. The Bobcats tie the season series against Sacred Heart at 1-1 with the win. The Bobcats were led by Ousmane Drame, who put up 13 points and eight rebounds. Shaq Shannon scored 11 points and added four rebounds. Shane Gibson got a sensational 36 points for the Pioneers, making 6 of 13 from three-point range. The Bobcats are on a five-game win streak. Quinnipiac (13-13, 9-5 NEC) takes on Bryant (17-8, 10-4 NEC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- The last time Quinnipiac started the season 13-13 was 2006.
- The win over Sacred Heart extended the Quinnipiac winning streak to five games.
- The Bobcats have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 25 or more free throws made.
- This season Quinnipiac has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Shaq Shannon has 11 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Evan Conti has four free throws made or more.
- The Bobcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 26 games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Bobcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Ike Azotam has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 26 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Ike Azotam has five straight double-digit point games.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pioneers losing streak to three games.
- Shane Gibson recorded a team season high in points with 36, three-pointers with six, and field goals attempted with 27.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 48.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mostafa Abdel Latif and Nick Greenbacker) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring 18 times in 25 games this season.
- This game was the ninth double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Louis Montes has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 50th 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Mostafa Abdel Latif recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.