(13-13, 6-5 away)
Sacred Heart 74
(9-16, 6-6 home)
Venue: William Pitt Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
||I Azotam 14
||J Jackson 8
||E Conti 4
||S Gibson 36
||M Abdel Latif 10
||P Gaetano 10
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Sacred Heart was beaten at home by Quinnipiac 81-74 in conference play. With the loss, the Pioneers tie the season series against Quinnipiac at 1-1. Shane Gibson played brilliantly for the Pioneers and put up a staggering 36 points, sinking 6 of 13 from three-point range. Louis Montes had 17 points and added two rebounds. For the Bobcats, Ousmane Drame finished with 13 points and eight rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Pioneers. Next up for Sacred Heart (9-16, 7-7 NEC) is Central Connecticut State (10-15, 6-8 NEC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 at home.
Sacred Heart Game Notes
- The last time SHU started the season 9-16 was 2010.
- Sacred Heart has lost 82 percent of the time this season (2-9) after recording 12 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Sacred Heart has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 40 or more rebounds this season, Sacred Heart has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records nine or more steals this season, Sacred Heart has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- Sacred Heart has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Pioneers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--SHU has a -0.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shane Gibson recorded a team season high in points with 36, three-pointers with six, and field goals attempted with 27.
- Shane Gibson accounted for 48.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mostafa Abdel Latif and Nick Greenbacker) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (14).
- Shane Gibson has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- This game was the ninth double-digit assist game of Phil Gaetano's career.
- Louis Montes has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 50th 20-point game of Shane Gibson's career.
- Shane Gibson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Mostafa Abdel Latif recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- Ike Azotam has led the team in scoring 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
- Ike Azotam has five straight double-digit point games.
|B+||James Ford Jr||8||9||1||0||0||0||0|
|B-||M. Abdel Latif||21||4||10||0||0||1||4|