Ark-Little Rock 52
(15-13, 3-9 away)
FL Internationial 65
(15-12, 10-3 home)
Venue: U.S. Century Bank Arena
7:43PM ET / 4:43PM PT, February 21, 2013
||M Javes 12
||W Neighbour 7
||J Gillon 5
||C Bell 17
||C Bell 8
||M Smith 4
Florida International topped Arkansas-Little Rock 65-52 in conference action on Thursday, Feb. 21. The Golden Panthers even the season series against Arkansas-Little Rock at 1-1 with the win. The Golden Panthers were led by Cameron Bell, who put up a career-high 17 points and eight rebounds. Jerome Frink got 13 points and added four rebounds. For the Trojans, Michael Javes finished with a team-high 12 points and five rebounds. Florida International (15-12, 10-8 Sun Belt) takes on Louisiana-Monroe (4-18, 3-13 Sun Belt) on Thursday, Feb. 28 on the road.
Florida International Game Notes
- The last time FIU started the season 15-12 was 1996.
- FIU beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Golden Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Florida International has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8 percent or better.
- The Golden Panthers have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 35 or more rebounds.
- FIU has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.3 percent field goal percentage.
- FIU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Florida International has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Jerome Frink has 13 points or more.
- The Golden Panthers set a season high for turnovers (24).
- The last time FIU recorded at least 24 turnovers was Dec 27, 2008 against Tennessee-Martin.
- Florida International has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--FIU has a 5.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cameron Bell and Jerome Frink) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Tymell Murphy has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Jerome Frink has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Bell has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Tola Akomolafe.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- This loss extended the Trojans losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Michael Javes and John Gillon) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- Michael Javes has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Will Neighbour has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 28 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Will Neighbour.
|-||M. Porcher Jimenez||8||0||0||0||1||0||0|