Virginia Military 69
(11-15, 4-10 away)
Charleston Southern 92
(16-9, 10-3 home)
Venue: CSU Fieldhouse
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 21, 2013
||D Covington 16
||S Okoye 6
||J Carr 3
||M Muo 23
||P Gombwer 6
||J Sexton 7
On Thursday, Feb. 21, Virginia Military Institute lost in a blowout to Charleston Southern 92-69 in conference play. The Keydets were paced by Brian Brown, who put up 15 points and five rebounds. Stan Okoye had 14 points and added six rebounds. For the Buccaneers, Jeremy Sexton got 19 points and seven assists. The Keydets are on a five-game losing streak. Virginia Military Institute (11-15, 6-8 Big South) gets Marist (7-19, 4-11 MAAC) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Virginia Military Institute Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:30 left to go.
- Virginia Military Institute started 11-15 during the 2006 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 69 or fewer total points.
- The Keydets have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.4 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 92 or more total points this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 35 or more field goals made this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Virginia Military Institute has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- The Keydets have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- Virginia Military Institute has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (D.J. Covington and Brian Brown) accounted for 44.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Stan Okoye and D.J. Covington) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- D.J. Covington has led the team in scoring in six out of 26 games this season.
- Stan Okoye has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Brian Brown has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Covington has six straight double-digit point games.
Charleston Southern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mathiang Muo and Arlon Harper) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- Arlon Harper has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Mathiang Muo's career.
- Mathiang Muo set a career high with eight field goals made.
- Jeremy Sexton set a career high with seven assists.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Arlon Harper's career.
- Arlon Harper set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.