South Alabama 50
(15-10, 6-5 away)
Middle Tenn State 85
(24-4, 14-0 home)
Venue: Murphy Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
|Middle Tenn State
||M Ammons 13
||A Rubit 12
||T Anderson 3
|Middle Tenn State
||B Massey Jr 12
||J Jones Jr 8
||B Massey Jr 3
On a night when the Jaguars mustered only 28.6 percent from the floor, Middle Tennessee State easily beat South Alabama 85-50 in conference action. Everything went right for Middle Tennessee State in this one, as they led 41-26 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. With a record of 2-0, the Blue Raiders remain unbeaten against South Alabama this season. The Blue Raiders were led by Shawn Jones, who put up 10 points and seven rebounds. Bruce Massey Jr had a team-high 12 points and added three assists. Augustine Rubit registered a double-double for the Jaguars with a game-high 13 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Middle Tennessee State (24-4, 16-1 Sun Belt) is Louisiana-Monroe (4-18, 3-13 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:22 left to go.
- The last time MTSU started the season 24-4 was 2011.
- The win over South Alabama extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 13 games.
- MTSU beat the spread by 20.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Blue Raiders have beaten the spread.
- This was the eighth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, MTSU has been on the winning end of 31 blowout games.
- The Blue Raiders have won every game this season (6-0) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Middle Tennessee State has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 52.9 percent or better.
- Middle Tennessee State has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- MTSU has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 50 or fewer total points.
- MTSU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 20.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Shawn Jones has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Bruce Massey Jr has four field goals made or more, and 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Raymond Cintron has three three-pointers or more.
- The Blue Raiders set season highs for blocks (seven), free throws made (26), and steals (13).
- The last time MTSU recorded at least 13 steals was Nov 19, 2011 against North Carolina-Greensboro.
- The Blue Raiders have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 13 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--MTSU has a 24.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shawn Jones recorded a team season high in blocks with six.
- Bruce Massey Jr has led the team in scoring in three out of 28 games this season.
- Shawn Jones had a career high with six blocks.
- Marcos Knight has eight straight double-digit point games.
South Alabama Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Augustine Rubit and Mychal Ammons) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- Augustine Rubit accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 19 times in 25 games this season.
- Augustine Rubit recorded the 48th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Augustine Rubit has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Augustine Rubit recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 41st of his career.
- Mychal Ammons has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Mychal Ammons.
|D-||B. Stevens II||26||0||3||0||0||0||2|
|A||Jason Jones Jr||15||8||8||0||0||0||0|
|A||Bruce Massey Jr||22||12||2||3||3||0||1|
|B||K. Hammonds II||24||10||3||2||0||0||2|
|B||J. Gallman Jr||20||7||1||2||0||0||1|