(10-18, 6-6 home)
Venue: Pete Hanna Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
||J Isenbarger 15
||R Beaumont 14
||S Koch 5
||C Geffrard Jr. 24
||T Williams 8
||R Kelly 11
Samford faced off with Elon on Thursday, Feb. 21 and let one slip away to the Phoenix 63-62 in conference play. With the loss, the Bulldogs stay winless against Elon this season at 0-2. Raijon Kelly got 17 points and 11 assists for the Bulldogs, earning a double-double. Clide Geffrard Jr. was sharp from three-point range, going 6 for 8 to get to a game-high 24 points overall. Ryley Beaumont recorded a double-double for the Phoenix with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Samford (10-18, 8-7 SoCon) hosts North Carolina-Greensboro (8-18, 6-9 SoCon) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Samford Game Notes
- Samford beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Samford is 29-28 in close games.
- Samford has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording five or fewer steals.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.0 percent or better this season, Samford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Samford has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Samford has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Samford has a -0.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Raijon Kelly recorded a team season high in assists with 11.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. accounted for 38.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tim Williams and Clide Geffrard Jr.) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Tim Williams has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 28 games this season.
- This game was the first double-digit assist game of Raijon Kelly's career.
- Raijon Kelly recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Raijon Kelly had career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage and 11 assists.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Clide Geffrard Jr.'s career.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has seven straight double-digit point games.
Elon Game Notes
- The Phoenix won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Elon is 29-27 in close games.
- Ryley Beaumont recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Jack Isenbarger and Ryley Beaumont) accounted for 46.0 percent of the points.
- Ryley Beaumont accounted for 51.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jack Isenbarger has led the team in scoring 11 times in 27 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 27 games this season.
- Ryley Beaumont recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ryley Beaumont has five straight double-digit point games.
- Ryley Beaumont recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and fifth of his career.
- Ryley Beaumont set career highs with 14 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
|A||C. Geffrard Jr.||34||24||4||0||1||1||1|