On an evening when they outscored the Privateers 27-6 from beyond the three-point line, Bowling Green easily knocked off New Orleans 87-56. The game was never in question, with Bowling Green taking an insurmountable 42-25 lead into the locker room at halftime. A`uston Calhoun was exceptional for the Falcons and got a game-high 16 points and five rebounds. Chauncey Orr had 12 points and added three rebounds. For the Privateers, Cory Dixon finished with a team-high 14 points and five rebounds. Next up for Bowling Green (11-15, 5-7 MAC) is IPFW (13-16, 6-9 Summit League) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:24 left to go.
- BGSU has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- BGSU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.0 percent field goal percentage.
- The Falcons set season highs for assists (23), field goals made (35), steals (13), and total points (87).
- The last time BGSU recorded at least 23 assists was Dec 07, 2011 against Malone.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--BGSU has a 6.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Richaun Holmes recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with six.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (23) than the starters (22).
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- Richaun Holmes has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Black had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- Richaun Holmes recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
New Orleans Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UNO has been on the losing end of 18 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Cory Dixon and Rarlensee Nelson) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (19) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (26).
- Cory Dixon has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- Kevin Hill has led the team in rebounding eight times in 23 games this season.
- Rarlensee Nelson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Cory Dixon has five straight double-digit point games.