(15-11, 5-9 away)
St. Francis (NY) 76
(11-15, 5-5 home)
Venue: Pope Physical Education Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
|St. Francis (NY)
||J Williams 16
||D Anderson 7
||K Ortiz 6
|St. Francis (NY)
||B Mockford 18
||J Cannon 7
||D Calloway 3
St. Francis (NY) squared off with Wagner on Thursday, Feb. 21 and got a slim victory over the Seahawks 76-75 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Terriers remain undefeated against Wagner this season. Travis Nichols had an impressive game for the Terriers and put up 16 points and six rebounds. Jalen Cannon also had a strong outing, scoring 13 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Seahawks, Jonathon Williams got a team-high 16 points and five rebounds. St. Francis (NY) (11-15, 7-8 NEC) takes on Mount St. Mary's (13-13, 8-7 NEC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
St. Francis (NY) Game Notes
- The last time SFNY started the season 11-15 was 2002.
- The Terriers have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, St. Francis (NY) is 29-36 in close games.
- The Terriers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- This season St. Francis (NY) has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Travis Nichols has six rebounds or more.
- SFNY set a season low for steals (two).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--SFNY has a 1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Ben Mockford and Travis Nichols) accounted for 44.7 percent of the points.
- Ben Mockford has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Jalen Cannon has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 26 games this season.
- Travis Nichols has three straight double-digit point games.
Wagner Game Notes
- The Seahawks have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Wagner is 39-27 in close games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (13).
- Jonathon Williams has led the team in scoring 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Kenneth Ortiz has four straight double-digit point games.
- Marcus Burton has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jonathon Williams has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jonathon Williams.
- Latif Rivers has eight straight double-digit point games.