Long Island 71
(15-12, 6-8 away)
Mount St. Mary's 83
(13-13, 9-2 home)
Venue: Knott Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 21, 2013
|Mount St. Mary's
||E Reed 25
||E Reed 9
||J Brickman 6
|Mount St. Mary's
||R Whack 26
||S Prescott 7
||J Norfleet 7
In a game where the Mountaineers scored 33 points from three-point territory, Long Island lost in front of the home crowd against Mount St. Mary's 83-71 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Blackbirds got a good performance from E.J. Reed, who put up a season-high 25 points and nine rebounds. C.J. Garner had 20 points and added six rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Rashad Whack got a game-high 26 points (3 Ast 3 Stl), including 6-of-10 shooting from three-point range. Next up for Long Island (15-12, 10-5 NEC) is Wagner (15-11, 9-6 NEC) on Sunday, Feb. 24 on the road.
Long Island Game Notes
- Long Island has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording three or fewer three-pointers.
- The Blackbirds have lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after having a three-point percentage of 30.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.0 percent or better this season, Long Island has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, Long Island has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 36 or more rebounds this season, Long Island has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- LIU set season lows for assists (nine) and blocks (zero).
- Long Island has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the first loss of the season where the Blackbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- E.J. Reed accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (E.J. Reed and C.J. Garner) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (14).
- E.J. Reed has led the team in rebounding in four out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of E.J. Reed's career.
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- Rashad Whack accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- Rashad Whack has led the team in scoring 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Julian Norfleet has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Julian Norfleet set a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Rashad Whack's career.
- Sam Prescott has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Sam Prescott.
- Raven Barber set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.