On Thursday, Feb. 21, Cincinnati lost on their home court to Connecticut 73-66 in overtime. The Bearcats got a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds from Sean Kilpatrick. JaQuon Parker had 14 points and added five rebounds. For the Huskies, Shabazz Napier got a game-high 27 points, including 6-of-9 shooting from three-point range. Cincinnati (19-7, 7-6 Big East) travels to 25th-ranked Notre Dame (21-6, 9-5 Big East) on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati started 19-8 during the 2011 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Cincinnati has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bearcats have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 6-8.
- The Bearcats have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati is 34-25 in close games.
- Cincinnati has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after recording eight or fewer free throws made.
- Cincinnati set a season low for steals (two).
- The top two scorers (Sean Kilpatrick and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 48.4 percent of the points.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 8 times in 27 games this season.
- JaQuon Parker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cashmere Wright has three straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Titus Rubles.
Connecticut Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Connecticut is 31-25 in close games.
- Shabazz Napier recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- Shabazz Napier accounted for 36.9 percent of the team's points.
- Shabazz Napier has led the team in scoring 13 times in 25 games this season.
- Omar Calhoun has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Shabazz Napier's career.
- Shabazz Napier set a career high with six three-pointers.
- Omar Calhoun has five straight double-digit point games.
- DeAndre Daniels set career highs with three three-pointers and four blocks.