|San Diego||J Dee 15.0||C Manresa 6.6||C Anderson 5.5|
|Portland||R Nicholas 13.0||R Nicholas 8.9||D Rodgers 3.3|
On Thursday, Portland welcomes San Diego at Chiles Center. It takes place at 10 a.m. EST and you can catch it on ROOT-NW. The Pilots fell to the Toreros 61-50 on Jan. 3 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Portland is in eigth place in the West Coast and San Diego is in fifth. Both teams continue to fight for position.
The Pilots were defeated by Brigham Young 86-72 on Feb. 16 despite 19 points from Thomas van der Mars. While contributing 5.4 rebounds per game, he also scores 7.8 points per game. For the Toreros, Johnny Dee finished with 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 61-52 loss to Santa Clara on Feb. 14. His 15 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
San Diego StatSmack
- Portland has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (49.7 percent to 38.8 percent).
- Thomas van der Mars is ranked 10th in the West Coast in blocks.
- Ryan Nicholas is ranked 20th nationally in rebounds.
- Portland has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than San Diego this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 100 vs. No. 116).
- Portland has more wins over the last 5 years than San Diego (86 vs. 81).
- The Portland rebounding leader (Ryan Nicholas, 249 rebounds) has more rebounds than the San Diego rebounding leader (Chris Manresa, 131 rebounds).
- Portland has a better record in close games than San Diego this season (5-3 vs. 4-5).
- Portland has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than San Diego ($43,706 vs. $50,600).
- Korey Thieleke is ranked 9th in the West Coast in blocks.
|C-||T. van der Mars||22||8||5||1||0||1||1|