Drexel vs. Delaware: Full Game Preview
|Drexel||D Lee 16.8||D McCoy 8.4||F Massenat 4.2|
|Delaware||D Saddler 19.7||J Hagins 10.1||J Threatt 3.2|
On Thursday, Drexel travels to Bob Carpenter Center to take on Delaware. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on NBCSN. The Dragons fell to the Fightin' Blue Hens 66-64 on Jan. 28 and are 5-4 against them over the last four years.
Drexel is seventh in the conference and Delaware is fourth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Dragons got past Hofstra 63-54 on Feb. 18 with the help of 17 points and 6 rebounds from Damion Lee. He leads the team with 16.8 points per game. For the Fightin' Blue Hens, Devon Saddler finished with 23 points and 8 rebounds in the 72-71 loss to James Madison on Feb. 17. He leads the team with 19.7 points per game.
There is one important category where Delaware has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Fightin' Blue Hens have the upper hand over the Dragons, 69 points per game to 62 points per game.
- Drexel has an average margin of victory of 8 over Delaware in 40 wins since 1980.
- Damion Lee is ranked 7th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- The Drexel assist leader (Frantz Massenat, 109 assists) has more assists than the Delaware assist leader (Devon Saddler, 76 assists).
- Drexel is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Drexel is 77.6 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Delaware.
- The Drexel basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Delaware (100 percent vs. 53 percent).
- Drexel has come back to win after being down at half against Delaware three times since 2002.
- Frantz Massenat is ranked 3rd in the CAA in assists.
- Drexel allows fewer rebounds (30.1 allowed per game vs. 35.9 allowed per game) than Delaware this season.
- Drexel has been the favorite 20 out of the last 26 times.
- Drexel has more wins over the last 5 years than Delaware (104 vs. 80).
- Drexel has a better scoring defense (62.6 allowed per game vs. 69.6 allowed per game) than Delaware this season.