Louisiana-Monroe vs. Western Kentucky: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana-Monroe||A Olatayo 16.1||J James 6.2||J James 5.4|
|Western Kentucky||T Price 14.3||G Fant 6.5||J Crook 4.2|
Western Kentucky hosts Louisiana-Monroe at E.A. Diddle Arena on Thursday. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST and it can be seen on HSSN or ESPN3.com. The Hilltoppers beat the Warhawks 65-54 on Nov. 29 and are 5-1 against them over the last four years.
Louisiana-Monroe is in 11th place in the conference and Western Kentucky is in sixth place.
In spite of 22 points and 6 assists from T.J. Price, the Hilltoppers came up short 87-82 against Florida International on Feb. 16. His 14.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Warhawks, Amos Olatayo finished with 21 points and 5 rebounds in the 87-54 loss to Arkansas State on Feb. 16. He leads the team in points with 16.1 per game and blocks with 0.4 per game.
Western Kentucky has a statistical advantage over Louisiana-Monroe in one significant category, rebounding, where the Hilltoppers have an edge over the Warhawks, 36 per game to 29 per game.
- The Western Kentucky blocks leader (Teeng Akol, 32 blocks) has more blocks than the Louisiana-Monroe blocks leader (Amos Olatayo, 8 blocks).
- A for effort, but Western Kentucky has emerged victorious against Louisiana-Monroe the last four times they've played.
- The Western Kentucky rebounding leader (George Fant, 168 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Louisiana-Monroe rebounding leader (Jayon James, 137 rebounds).
- Western Kentucky has a better record at home than Louisiana-Monroe this season (9-3 vs. 3-7).
- Western Kentucky players are more experienced than Louisiana-Monroe players (12,454 minutes played vs. 7,375 minutes played).
- Western Kentucky has been the favorite eight out of the last eight times.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Western Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (944 to 843) than Louisiana-Monroe, per the NCAA.
- It's only wins and losses, but Western Kentucky has a better overall record than Louisiana-Monroe this season (13-14 vs. 4-18).
- Western Kentucky is ranked higher than Louisiana-Monroe in the Sun Belt (No. 6 vs. No. 11).