Long Island vs. Mount St. Mary's: Full Game Preview
|Long Island||J Olasewere 19.1||J Olasewere 8.4||J Brickman 8.5|
|Mount St. Mary's||R Whack 13.2||S Prescott 3.6||J Castellanos 3.5|
Long Island visits Knott Arena on Thursday to take on Mount St. Mary's. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST. The Blackbirds beat the Mountaineers 86-72 on Jan. 12 and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
Long Island is in first place in the conference, Mount St. Mary's is in seventh place. Long Island is rolling, currently on a four-game winning streak.
In a 92-67 dismantling of Fairleigh Dickinson on Feb. 16, Jamal Olasewere put up 18 points and 7 rebounds for the Blackbirds. He leads the team in points with 19.1 per game, rebounds with 8.4 per game, and steals with 1.5 per game. In an 89-80 victory over Central Connecticut State on Feb. 16, Julian Norfleet put up 21 points and 7 rebounds for the Mountaineers. He is averaging 10 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.4 blocks per game.
Mount St. Mary's StatSmack
- Jason Brickman is ranked 1st nationally in assists.
- Brandon Thompson is ranked 10th in the NEC in three-pointers.
- Long Island players are more experienced than Mount St. Mary's players (17,484 minutes played vs. 13,914 minutes played).
- Long Island attacks the glass, with more rebounds (35.4 per game vs. 27.3 per game) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Boom! Long Island crushed Mount St. Mary's by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- A for effort, but Long Island has emerged victorious against Mount St. Mary's the last six times they've played.
- The Long Island rebounding leader (Jamal Olasewere, 201 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Mount St. Mary's rebounding leader (Sam Prescott, 90 rebounds).
- Long Island has an average margin of victory of 9 over Mount St. Mary's in 25 wins since 1988.
- The Long Island assist leader (Jason Brickman, 220 assists) has more assists than the Mount St. Mary's assist leader (Julian Norfleet, 74 assists).
- The Long Island scoring leader (Jamal Olasewere, 459 points) has more points than the Mount St. Mary's scoring leader (Rashad Whack, 331 points).
- Long Island has more wins over the last 5 years than Mount St. Mary's (112 vs. 85).