|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 18.0||T Rubles 5.8||C Wright 3.4|
|Connecticut||S Napier 16.3||D Daniels 4.9||S Napier 4.7|
Cincinnati matches up against Connecticut on Thursday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Bearcats are 3-3 against the Huskies over the last four years. The last time they played they won 70-67 on Jan. 18, 2012.
Cincinnati is currently in 10th place in the Big East and Connecticut is in sixth.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from JaQuon Parker, the Bearcats fell to Georgetown 62-55 on Feb. 15. He contributes 4.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 11 points per game. For the Huskies, Niels Giffey put up 11 points in the 70-61 loss to Villanova on Feb. 16. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.8 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Cincinnati can exploit Connecticut, rebounding, where the Bearcats have an edge over the Huskies, 41 per game to 32 per game.
- The Cincinnati blocks leader (Cheikh Mbodj, 66 blocks) has more blocks than the Connecticut blocks leader (DeAndre Daniels, 28 blocks).
- Cincinnati is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Cincinnati is 213 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Connecticut.
- Cincinnati players are more experienced than Connecticut players (13,689 minutes played vs. 12,809 minutes played).
- Justin Jackson is ranked 7th in the Big East in blocks.
- The Cincinnati scoring leader (Sean Kilpatrick, 468 points) has more points than the Connecticut scoring leader (Shabazz Napier, 391 points).
- Sean Kilpatrick is ranked 45th nationally in points and 43rd nationally in three-pointers.
- Cincinnati attacks the glass, with more rebounds (41.0 per game vs. 32.5 per game) than Connecticut this season.
- Cincinnati has a better scoring defense (58.5 allowed per game vs. 65.1 allowed per game) than Connecticut this season.
- Cheikh Mbodj is ranked 22nd nationally in blocks.
- The Cincinnati three-point leader (Sean Kilpatrick, 68 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Connecticut three-point leader (Shabazz Napier, 51 three-pointers).
- Cincinnati beat Connecticut by 3 points the last time they played (Jan 18, 2012).
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|