Mississippi State 56
(7-18, 1-11 away)
(18-8, 13-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Steele 15
||C Borchert 9
||T Cunningham 2
||R Cooper 20
||R Cooper 10
||T Releford 5
Mississippi State faced off with Alabama on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and took a home loss to the Crimson Tide 64-56 in conference play. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against Alabama this season. The Bulldogs got 14 points and nine rebounds from Colin Borchert. Jalen Steele had 15 points and added four rebounds. Rodney Cooper recorded a double-double for the Crimson Tide with a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Mississippi State (7-18, 2-11 SEC) welcomes Vanderbilt (10-15, 4-9 SEC).
Mississippi State Game Notes
- MState beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after committing 23 or more turnovers.
- Mississippi State has lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-12) after recording 33 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition commits 14 or fewer turnovers this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-14).
- When the opposition records 64 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 93 percent of the time (1-14).
- MState set a season low for blocks (one).
- Mississippi State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Steele and Colin Borchert) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colin Borchert and Gavin Ware) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Jalen Steele has led the team in scoring in four out of 25 games this season.
- Colin Borchert has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Trivante Bloodman.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Craig Sword.
Alabama Game Notes
- Rodney Cooper accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- Rodney Cooper accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding nine times in 26 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trevor Lacey.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rodney Cooper's career.
- Rodney Cooper has six straight double-digit point games.
- Rodney Cooper recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Rodney Cooper set career highs with 10 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.