Mississippi State 56
(7-18, 1-11 away)
(18-8, 13-3 home)
Venue: Coleman Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Steele 15
||C Borchert 9
||T Cunningham 2
||R Cooper 20
||R Cooper 10
||T Releford 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Alabama took on Mississippi State and came out on top against the Bulldogs 64-56 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Crimson Tide remain undefeated against Mississippi State this season. The Crimson Tide got a double-double out of Rodney Cooper with a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Trevor Releford also had an excellent outing, scoring 17 points and adding five rebounds (5 Ast 5 Stl). Colin Borchert finished with 14 points and nine rebounds for the Bulldogs. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Alabama (18-8, 10-3 SEC) heads to LSU (15-9, 6-7 SEC).
Alabama Game Notes
- The last time Alabama started the season 18-8 was 2010.
- The win over Mississippi State extended the Alabama winning streak to four games.
- The Crimson Tide have won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after recording 64 or more total points.
- Alabama has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- Alabama has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after holding an opponent to under 30.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Alabama has won 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Trevor Lacey has 11 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Rodney Cooper has seven field goals made or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Levi Randolph has five rebounds or more.
- The Crimson Tide set a season high for steals (18).
- The last time Alabama recorded at least 18 steals was Dec 14, 2001 against Jacksonville State.
- The Crimson Tide have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- Alabama has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Alabama has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rodney Cooper accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- Rodney Cooper accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rodney Cooper has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 9 times in 26 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trevor Lacey.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Rodney Cooper's career.
- Rodney Cooper has six straight double-digit point games.
- Rodney Cooper recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Rodney Cooper had career highs with 10 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 11 games.
- The top two scorers (Jalen Steele and Colin Borchert) accounted for 51.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Colin Borchert and Gavin Ware) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Jalen Steele has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Colin Borchert has led the team in rebounding seven times in 25 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Trivante Bloodman.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Craig Sword.