Illinois State 62
(16-12, 5-6 away)
(15-13, 13-3 home)
Venue: Ford Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 20, 2013
||T Brown 21
||J Carmichael 14
||A Cousin 4
||C Ryan 31
||E Mockevicius 11
||N Cox 6
Illinois State was smoked by Evansville 79-62 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Tyler Brown guided the Redbirds and put up a team-high 21 points (3 Reb 3 Ast), shooting 5 of 11 from three-point range. John Wilkins scored nine points and added six rebounds. For the Aces, Colt Ryan got a game-high 31 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Next up for Illinois State (16-12, 7-9 The Valley) is Utah State (18-7, 9-5 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:13 left to go.
- The Redbirds have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 37.1 percent or worse.
- Illinois State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording five or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Illinois State has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- IllSt set a season low for steals (two).
- The Redbirds have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past eight games.
- Tyler Brown accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 35.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tyler Brown has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Tyler Brown's career.
- Tyler Brown has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Jackie Carmichael recorded the 37th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jon Ekey had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Evansville Game Notes
- Colt Ryan accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Egidijus Mockevicius and Adam Wing) accounted for 45.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Colt Ryan has led the team in scoring 18 times in 28 games this season.
- Egidijus Mockevicius has led the team in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 48th 20-point game of Colt Ryan's career.
- Colt Ryan has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Egidijus Mockevicius recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.