(19) Wisconsin 69
(19-8, 5-5 away)
(13-14, 8-9 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||J Berggren 12
||J Berggren 8
||T Jackson 5
||R Hearn 13
||D Sobolewski 5
||D Sobolewski 5
In a game where they shot just 29.4 percent, Northwestern lost in a blowout to No. 19 Wisconsin 69-41 in conference play. The game was never competitive, as Wisconsin went up 28-12 at the half and never looked back. The Wildcats are now 2-6 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Wildcats got eight points and five rebounds from Dave Sobolewski. Reggie Hearn scored 13 points and added three rebounds. For the Badgers, Jared Berggren finished with a team-high 12 points and eight rebounds. The Wildcats are on a five-game losing streak. Northwestern (13-14, 4-10 Big Ten) gets Purdue (12-13, 5-7 Big Ten) on the road on Sunday, Feb. 24.
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:10 left to go.
- Northwestern started 13-14 during the 2006, 2005, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, NU played 47 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-39.
- Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 15 or fewer field goals made.
- The Wildcats have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 29.4 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 47 or more rebounds this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.0 percent or better this season, Northwestern has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Northwestern has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- NU set a season low for total points (41).
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--NU has a -0.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Reggie Hearn accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dave Sobolewski and Alex Olah) accounted for 40.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Reggie Hearn has five straight double-digit point games.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- Jared Berggren has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding eight times in 27 games this season.
- Ben Brust has six straight double-digit point games.
- Sam Dekker has four straight double-digit point games.
|C||J. Montgomery III||12||3||1||1||0||0||0|