On Wednesday, Feb. 20, Texas A&M took on Auburn and got a road victory against the Tigers 65-56 in SEC action. Alex Caruso played brilliantly for the Aggies and put up a season-high 14 points and eight assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Elston Turner also had a strong showing, scoring a game-high 21 points. For the Tigers, Rob Chubb got nine points and three rebounds. Texas A&M (16-9, 6-6 SEC) takes on Tennessee (16-10, 7-6 SEC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- TAMU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Aggies have beaten the spread.
- The Aggies have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording 65 or more total points.
- TAMU has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.5 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Texas A&M has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Elston Turner has 21 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Kourtney Roberson has 10 rebounds or more.
- Texas A&M has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Aggies came back after being down at halftime.
- Alex Caruso recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- Elston Turner accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kourtney Roberson and Ray Turner) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Elston Turner has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Kourtney Roberson has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Elston Turner's career.
- Elston Turner has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
Auburn Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to four games.
- Allen Payne has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Shaquille Johnson has led the team in rebounding three times in 26 games this season.