(14-11, 2-8 away)
Southern Miss 45
(21-6, 11-1 home)
Venue: Reed Green Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||M Moore 12
||M Moore 11
||M Moore 3
||J Brooks 13
||D Boardingham 8
||N Watson 3
In a defensive struggle, Southern Miss defeated Texas-El Paso 45-39 in conference action. The Golden Eagles were led by Daveon Boardingham, who got eight points and eight rebounds. Jerrold Brooks had 13 points and added three rebounds. McKenzie Moore recorded a double-double for the Miners on a team-high 12 points and 11 rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). This makes three wins in a row for the Golden Eagles. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Southern Miss (21-6, 10-2 C-USA) travels to 21st-ranked Memphis (23-3, 12-0 C-USA).
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The last time USM started the season 21-6 was 2010.
- The win over Texas-El Paso extended the Southern Miss winning streak to three games.
- Southern Miss has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- The Golden Eagles have won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after recording 36 or more rebounds.
- USM has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 15 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Southern Miss has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Jerrold Brooks has 13 points or more, 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Daveon Boardingham has four free throws made or more, and 78 percent of the time (14-4) when Jonathan Mills has seven rebounds or more.
- USM set season lows for field goals made (16), field goal percentage (33.3), and total points (45).
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Golden Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--USM has a 25.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Jerrold Brooks and Neil Watson) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Daveon Boardingham and Jonathan Mills) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jerrold Brooks has led the team in scoring in nine out of 27 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jonathan Mills.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- McKenzie Moore accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- McKenzie Moore accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- McKenzie Moore has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
- McKenzie Moore recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- McKenzie Moore recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Cedrick Lang set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.