(7-19, 3-10 away)
Appalachian State 77
(12-15, 8-4 home)
Venue: Holmes Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||M Van Scyoc 24
||M Groselle 14
||M Harris III 9
||T Baskin 13
||J Trice 7
||J Canty 4
Appalachian State faced off with Citadel on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and was stunned by the Bulldogs 80-77 in overtime. Tevin Baskin put up 13 points and four rebounds in the Mountaineers loss. Michael Obacha had seven points and added three rebounds. Mike Groselle recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs on 22 points and 14 rebounds. Appalachian State (12-14, 8-8 SoCon) welcomes Samford (10-17, 8-6 SoCon) on Thursday, Feb. 28.
Appalachian State Game Notes
- Appalachian State started 12-15 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Appalachian State has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Mountaineers have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 6-8.
- The Mountaineers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Appalachian State is 25-35 in close games.
- Appalachian State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording seven or fewer free throws made.
- Appalachian State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Appalachian State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Appalachian State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.3 percent or better this season, Appalachian State has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- The Mountaineers set a season high for three-pointers (12).
- Appalachian State has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--AppSt has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tabarris Hamilton has led the team in scoring in three out of 27 games this season.
- Nathan Healy has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 27 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Michael Obacha.
Citadel Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Citadel is 16-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Matt Van Scyoc and Mike Groselle) accounted for 57.5 percent of the points.
- Mike Groselle accounted for 37.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Matt Van Scyoc has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Mike Groselle has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Matt Van Scyoc's career.
- P.J. Horgan has three straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Harris III set a career high with four steals.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Mike Groselle's career.
- Mike Groselle recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and 26th of his career.
|A||Matt Van Scyoc||41||24||6||2||1||1||5|
|A||M. Harris III||38||6||4||9||4||0||1|