Air Force 65
(15-10, 3-8 away)
Boise State 77
(17-8, 12-1 home)
Venue: Taco Bell Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||T Fletcher 14
||K Williams 6
||M Lyons 5
||A Drmic 23
||R Watkins 10
||D Marks 9
Boise State topped Air Force 77-65 in MWC play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Anthony Drmic played brilliantly for the Broncos and got a game-high 23 points and three rebounds. Derrick Marks had 11 points. For the Falcons, Taylor Broekhuis finished with 11 points and three rebounds. Boise State (17-8, 5-6 MWC) takes on Fresno State (9-16, 3-9 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State started 17-8 during the 2008 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- BSU beat the spread by five points. That makes the 11th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- Boise State has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.7 percent or better.
- BSU has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Boise State has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jeff Elorriaga has 17 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Anthony Drmic has seven field goals made or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Ryan Watkins has 10 rebounds or more.
- Boise State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--BSU has a 18.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Drmic and Jeff Elorriaga) accounted for 51.9 percent of the points.
- Ryan Watkins accounted for 37.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 25 games this season.
- Derrick Marks has five straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Marks had a career high with nine assists.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Ryan Watkins recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
Air Force Game Notes
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (11).
- Todd Fletcher has led the team in scoring four times in 25 games this season.
- Michael Lyons has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Michael Lyons set a career high with five assists.
- Taylor Broekhuis set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.