Murray State 106
(19-7, 9-4 away)
Morehead State 100
(13-15, 10-5 home)
Venue: Ellis T. Johnson Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||I Canaan 35
||E Daniel 9
||J Moss 6
||M Chavis 22
||C Posthumus 11
||D Atkinson 10
In a high-scoring showdown, Morehead State lost on their home court to Murray State 106-100 in double overtime. Devon Atkinson got 13 points and 10 assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) for the Eagles, earning a double-double. Angelo Warner also had a strong game, scoring 12 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Racers, Isaiah Canaan got a mind-blowing 35 points, including 5-of-12 shooting from three-point range. Morehead State (13-15, 7-7 OVC) gets Oakland (15-14, 10-5 Summit League) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Morehead State Game Notes
- The last time MSU started the season 13-15 was 1998.
- Morehead State has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Eagles have played in nine overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- The Eagles have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Morehead State is 24-25 in close games.
- Morehead State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after committing 23 or more turnovers.
- The Eagles have lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after having a field goal percentage of 43.0 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 32 or more free throws made this season, Morehead State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Morehead State has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- Morehead State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--MSU has a 5.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Milton Chavis and Bakari Turner) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Angelo Warner) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Milton Chavis has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Devon Atkinson's career.
- Devon Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Angelo Warner had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Chad Posthumus recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Chad Posthumus.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Milton Chavis's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Milton Chavis.
- Milton Chavis had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Kahlil Owens.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Bruce Reed.
Murray State Game Notes
- The Racers won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Murray State is 30-20 in close games.
- Isaiah Canaan recorded a team season high in points with 35.
- Ed Daniel tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 20.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 33.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ed Daniel and Brandon Garrett) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring 21 times in 26 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 33rd 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Garrett set a career high with 16 points.
- Stacy Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Stacy Wilson.