(11-16, 3-13 away)
(17-9, 9-3 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||Z Valjarevic 14
||A Fraser 8
||X Pollard 4
||S Carissimo 16
||B Voelkel 16
||B Voelkel 10
Maine faced off with Vermont on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and lost on their home court to the Catamounts 73-61 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Alasdair Fraser got 11 points and eight rebounds in the Black Bears loss. Zarko Valjarevic scored 14 points and added two rebounds. Brian Voelkel recorded a double-double for the Catamounts with 16 rebounds and 10 assists. The next game will be on Sunday, Feb. 24 when Maine (11-16, 6-8 America East) hosts Stony Brook (20-6, 11-2 America East).
Maine Game Notes
- The last time Maine started the season 11-16 was 2006.
- Maine has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Black Bears have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 40.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition commits eight or fewer turnovers this season, Maine has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Maine has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Maine has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- Maine set season lows for rebounds (27) and turnovers (seven).
- The Black Bears have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Maine has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Zarko Valjarevic and Alasdair Fraser) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alasdair Fraser and Mike Allison) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Zarko Valjarevic has led the team in scoring in four out of 27 games this season.
- Alasdair Fraser has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 27 games this season.
- Zarko Valjarevic has four straight double-digit point games.
Vermont Game Notes
- Brian Voelkel recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13 and assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Sandro Carissimo and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- Brian Voelkel accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sandro Carissimo has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 26 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Brian Voelkel's career.
- Brian Voelkel recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 10th of his career.
- Brian Voelkel set career highs with 16 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.