(11-16, 3-13 away)
(17-9, 9-3 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||Z Valjarevic 14
||A Fraser 8
||X Pollard 4
||S Carissimo 16
||B Voelkel 16
||B Voelkel 10
Vermont squared off with Maine on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and topped the Black Bears 73-61 in conference action. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Catamounts got a double-double out of Brian Voelkel with 16 rebounds and 10 assists. Sandro Carissimo also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 16 points and adding two rebounds. Alasdair Fraser finished with 11 points and eight rebounds for the Black Bears. Vermont (17-9, 10-4 America East) welcomes Canisius (17-10, 10-6 MAAC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Vermont Game Notes
- The Catamounts have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Vermont has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when its field goal percentage has been 42.6 percent or better.
- UVM has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- UVM has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Vermont has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Clancy Rugg has 14 points or more and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Luke Apfeld has four field goals made or more.
- UVM set a season low for steals (three).
- Vermont has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UVM has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Brian Voelkel recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13 and assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Sandro Carissimo and Clancy Rugg) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- Brian Voelkel accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Sandro Carissimo has led the team in scoring in four out of 26 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 26 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Brian Voelkel's career.
- Brian Voelkel recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 10th of his career.
- Brian Voelkel had career highs with 16 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.
Maine Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Zarko Valjarevic and Alasdair Fraser) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alasdair Fraser and Mike Allison) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Zarko Valjarevic has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- Alasdair Fraser has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Zarko Valjarevic has four straight double-digit point games.