UNC Wilmington 61
(10-17, 1-14 away)
Old Dominion 84
(4-23, 3-14 home)
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||C Ponder 16
||K Rendleman 11
||C Dixon 5
||D Painter 18
||R Ross 7
||D Hill 6
Old Dominion easily defeated North Carolina-Wilmington 84-61 in CAA play on a night when they outshot the Seahawks 58.9 percent-35.6 percent. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Monarchs got the win with nine points and six assists from Donte Hill. Richard Ross had 12 points and added seven rebounds. Keith Rendleman registered a double-double for the Seahawks on 15 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Old Dominion (4-22, 2-12 CAA) is Hofstra (6-22, 3-12 CAA) on Sunday, Feb. 24 on the road.
Old Dominion Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:45 left to go.
- ODU beat the spread by 16 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Monarchs have beaten the spread.
- The Monarchs set season highs for assists (23), field goals made (33), field goal percentage (58.9), and total points (84).
- The last time ODU had a field goal percentage of 58.9 percent or higher was Jan 29, 2011 against Towson.
- Old Dominion has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--ODU has a -5.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- DeShawn Painter has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Richard Ross has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- Aaron Bacote has three straight double-digit point games.
- DeShawn Painter has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Dimitri Batten has five straight double-digit point games.
- Donte Hill had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and six assists.
North Carolina-Wilmington Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UNCW has been on the losing end of 26 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Craig Ponder and Keith Rendleman) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- Keith Rendleman accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Craig Ponder has led the team in scoring five times in 27 games this season.
- Keith Rendleman has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 27 games this season.
- Keith Rendleman recorded the 47th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Keith Rendleman has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Rendleman has grabbed double-digit rebounds in five straight games.
- Keith Rendleman recorded a double-double. It was his 17th this season and 39th of his career.