Santa Clara 42
(19-9, 6-4 away)
(3) Gonzaga 85
(26-2, 17-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||B Clark 14
||Y Atanga 6
||K Foster 2
||E Harris 17
||E Harris 9
||D Stockton 4
No. 3 Gonzaga outshot Santa Clara 56.9 percent-30.2 percent and smoked the Broncos 85-42 in West Coast play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. The game was never in question, with Gonzaga taking an insurmountable 44-15 lead into the locker room at halftime. The Bulldogs stay unbeaten against Santa Clara this season at 2-0. The Bulldogs were led by Elias Harris, who got a game-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Gary Bell had seven points and added three rebounds. For the Broncos, Brandon Clark finished with a team-high 14 points and two rebounds. Gonzaga (26-2, 13-0 West Coast) welcomes San Diego (13-14, 6-6 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:00 left to go.
- The last time Zags started the season 26-2 was 2003.
- The win over Santa Clara extended the Gonzaga winning streak to nine games.
- Zags beat the spread by 30 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the 11th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Zags has been on the winning end of 59 blowout games.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 85 or more total points.
- Gonzaga has won every game this season (12-0) when its three-point percentage has been 41.2 percent or better.
- Gonzaga has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Zags has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 16 or fewer field goals made.
- Zags has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 30.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Gonzaga has won 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Elias Harris has 17 points or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past nine games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Zags has a 22.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Elias Harris has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Kelly Olynyk has 23 straight double-digit point games.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SCU has been on the losing end of 16 blowout games.
- Brandon Clark accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Evan Roguemore) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (eight).
- The bench recorded more points (24) than the starters (18).
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Brandon Clark has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Clark set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Robert Garrett.
|D+||R. Cowels III||22||3||1||0||1||0||1|
|B||Guy Landry Edi||8||1||6||1||0||0||1|