Santa Clara 42
(19-9, 6-4 away)
(3) Gonzaga 85
(26-2, 17-1 home)
Venue: McCarthey Athletic Center
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||B Clark 14
||Y Atanga 6
||K Foster 2
||E Harris 17
||E Harris 9
||D Stockton 4
Santa Clara was outshot 56.9 percent-30.2 percent by No. 3 Gonzaga and lost big against the Bulldogs 85-42 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 20. It was over at the half, as Gonzaga jumped out to a 44-15 lead and never looked back. The Broncos remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. The Broncos were led by Brandon Clark, who put up a team-high 14 points and two rebounds. Marc Trasolini had eight points and added two rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Elias Harris finished with a game-high 17 points and nine rebounds. Santa Clara (19-9, 7-6 West Coast) takes on Portland (10-17, 3-9 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:00 left to go.
- Prior to this game, SCU played 14 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 0-14.
- When the opposition records 85 or more total points this season, Santa Clara has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, Santa Clara has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- SCU set season lows for assists (four), field goals made (16), field goal percentage (30.2), free throws made (six), and total points (42).
- Santa Clara has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Brandon Clark accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Evan Roguemore) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (eight).
- The bench recorded more points (24) than the starters (18).
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Brandon Clark has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Clark had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Robert Garrett.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- Elias Harris has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Kelly Olynyk has 23 straight double-digit point games.
|D+||R. Cowels III||22||3||1||0||1||0||1|
|B||Guy Landry Edi||8||1||6||1||0||0||1|