(11-15, 4-6 away)
(11) Georgetown 90
(20-4, 16-2 home)
Venue: Verizon Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
||B Young 16
||D Kirk 8
||B Young 4
||D Smith-Rivera 33
||N Lubick 8
||M Starks 7
On a night when they shot 63.5 percent, No. 11 Georgetown punished DePaul 90-66 in conference action. D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera had an impressive game for the Hoyas and put up a season-high 33 points, sinking 5 of 6 from three-point range. Nate Lubick also had a strong game, scoring 15 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young finished with a team-high 16 points and seven rebounds. The Hoyas are on a five-game win streak. Next up for Georgetown (20-4, 10-3 Big East) is eighth-ranked Syracuse (22-4, 10-3 Big East) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on the road.
Georgetown Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:27 left to go.
- The last time GTOWN started the season 20-4 was 2007.
- The win over DePaul extended the Georgetown winning streak to eight games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, GTOWN has been on the winning end of 37 blowout games.
- The Hoyas have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Georgetown has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record three or fewer three-pointers.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 18.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Georgetown has won 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Otto Porter has 11 points or more, 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Markel Starks plays 33 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Nate Lubick has eight rebounds or more.
- The Hoyas set season highs for three-point percentage (60.0) and total points (90).
- The last time GTOWN recorded at least 90 total points was Nov 23, 2011 against Memphis.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera recorded a team season high in points with 33, field goals made with 10, and three-pointers with five.
- D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Nate Lubick has led the team in rebounding in five out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera's career.
- Markel Starks had a career high with seven assists.
- Otto Porter has 11 straight double-digit point games.
DePaul Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, DePaul has been on the losing end of 26 blowout games.
- The top two rebounders (Donnavan Kirk and Brandon Young) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Young has led the team in scoring 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Donnavan Kirk has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- Brandon Young has eight straight double-digit point games.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||10||0||0||0||0||1||1|