No. 22 Colorado State faced off with UNLV on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and dropped a close one to the Rebels 61-59 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Colton Iverson got a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Rams, earning a double-double. Pierce Hornung had seven points and added six rebounds. Bryce Dejean-Jones got 15 points and six rebounds for the Rebels. Next up for Colorado State (21-5, 8-3 MWC) is 16th-ranked New Mexico (22-4, 9-2 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 23 on their home court.
Colorado State Game Notes
- CSU beat the spread by two points. That makes the 13th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- The Rams have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado State is 23-22 in close games.
- CSU set season lows for blocks (zero) and rebounds (31).
- Colorado State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Colton Iverson and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 47.4 percent of the points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.
UNLV Game Notes
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV is 30-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Katin Reinhardt has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones set a career high with three three-pointers.