South Dakota State 78
(21-8, 7-8 away)
CS Bakersfield 79
(11-16, 8-4 home)
Venue: Rabobank Arena
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 20, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 32
||J Dykstra 10
||N Wolters 9
||S Carter 22
||B Barnes 10
||J Maynor 3
Cal State Bakersfield squared off with South Dakota State on Wednesday, Feb. 20 and edged the Jackrabbits 79-78 in double overtime. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Stephon Carter was exceptional for the Roadrunners and got a team-high 22 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Brandon Barnes played his way to a double-double with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Nate Wolters got a double-double for the Jackrabbits with a game-high 32 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when Cal State Bakersfield (11-16) hosts Pacifica (0-2).
Cal State Bakersfield Game Notes
- Cal State Bakersfield has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Roadrunners have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 6-6.
- The Roadrunners have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Cal State Bakersfield is 28-27 in close games.
- The Roadrunners have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- The Roadrunners set a season high for free throws made (25).
- The last time CSUB recorded at least 25 free throws made was Jan 25, 2011 against Cal State Fullerton.
- This is the fifth win of the season where the Roadrunners came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Stephon Carter and Brandon Barnes) accounted for 51.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Barnes and Stephon Carter) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Stephon Carter has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Brandon Barnes has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Stephon Carter's career.
- Stephon Carter has six straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Barnes recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Barnes recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Brandon Barnes had career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage, 10 rebounds, and eight defensive rebounds.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- The Jackrabbits have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Dakota State is 18-32 in close games.
- Nate Wolters accounted for 41.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Nate Wolters and Jordan Dykstra) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring 21 times and in rebounding six times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 48th 20-point game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Nate Wolters recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and ninth of his career.
- Nate Wolters set career highs with 10 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Brayden Carlson.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jordan Dykstra.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 10th of his career.