On Wednesday, Feb. 20, UNLV took on No. 22 Colorado State and won by a slim margin against the Rams 61-59 in MWC action. The Rebels improve to 3-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Bryce Dejean-Jones led the Rebels and put up 15 points and six rebounds. Anthony Bennett had eight points and added seven rebounds. Colton Iverson recorded a double-double for the Rams with a game-high 16 points and 10 rebounds. UNLV (20-7, 7-5 MWC) travels to Wyoming (18-8, 4-8 MWC) on Saturday, Feb. 23.
UNLV Game Notes
- UNLV started 20-7 during the 2010, 2009, 2008, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Rebels have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UNLV is 30-20 in close games.
- Prior to this game, UNLV played 26 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 12-14.
- UNLV has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season UNLV has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Anthony Marshall has 11 points or more, 75 percent of the time (18-6) when Anthony Bennett has four field goals made or more, and 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Khem Birch has six rebounds or more.
- UNLV set a season low for field goals made (21).
- The Rebels have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--UNLV has a 15.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Katin Reinhardt and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Katin Reinhardt has led the team in scoring in three out of 27 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones had a career high with three three-pointers.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The Rams have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Colorado State is 23-22 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Colton Iverson and Daniel Bejarano) accounted for 47.4 percent of the points.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Colton Iverson recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Colton Iverson recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 13th of his career.