On Wednesday, Feb. 20, UC Riverside held UC-Santa Barbara to just 25.9 percent from the floor and topped the Gauchos 54-45 in Big West play. Chris Harriel led the Highlanders and put up a team-high 14 points and two rebounds. Chris Patton scored 10 points and added four rebounds. Alan Williams recorded a double-double for the Gauchos on a game-high 15 points and 12 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 23 when UC Riverside (6-20, 3-11 Big West) heads to Portland State (7-15, 5-10 Big Sky).
UC Riverside Game Notes
- The last time UCR started the season 6-20 was 2006.
- UCR beat the spread by 11 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Highlanders have beaten the spread.
- The Highlanders have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past six games.
- UC Riverside has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UCR has a -0.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Chris Harriel and Taylor Johns) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- Chris Harriel has led the team in scoring in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Chris Patton has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 26 games this season.
UC-Santa Barbara Game Notes
- Alan Williams accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Alan Williams accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Alan Williams has led the team in scoring 13 times and in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Alan Williams recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alan Williams has five straight double-digit point games.
- Alan Williams recorded a double-double. It was his 12th this season and 14th of his career.